San Pedro Arts Culture Entertainment District (SP ACE)
On February 13, 2009, with the support of then Councilwoman Janice Hahn, the Los Angeles City Council unanimously adopted a resolution to form the San Pedro Arts Culture Entertainment (ACE) District.The ACE District is located in historic downtown San Pedro and is home to artists and arts and cultural organizations which have become significantly central to the growth and character of the downtown community.
Originally in partnership with the former CRA/LA, now the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce and the San Pedro ACE District Advisory Committee administer the organization, planning and disbursement of remaining funding of a 5-year effort of the ACE District — to assist San Pedro-based artists and arts and cultural organizations to remain in the San Pedro Area and to implement the goals of the overall ACE District Plan:
Visit the website ACE District RFQ 2012-2014
- Halt the loss of artists and art galleries brought about by rising rents.
- Establish ways to make the area more business and permit-friendly to working artists, performing arts venues, art galleries, restaurants and merchants.
- Preserve downtown San Pedro's pedestrian-friendly and historic infrastructure.
- Explore affordable artist-housing options.
- Continue to build and promote San Pedro's ACE District as a recognized and respected cultural destination
(pdf) ACE District Plan June 2008
THE ACE / SAN PEDRO WATERFRONT ARTS DISTRICT
AND THE SAN PEDRO CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
REQUEST STATEMENTS OF QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) FOR
MANGING DIRECTOR / ARTS DISTRICT PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITES
2014-15 ACE District RFQ Managing Director
Partnership Program documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader - Get Adobe Reader