San Pedro Arts Culture Entertainment District (SP ACE)
On February 13, 2009, with the support of then Councilwoman Janice Hahn, the Los Angeles City Council unanimously adopted a resolution to form the San Pedro Arts Culture Entertainment (ACE) District.The ACE District is located in historic downtown San Pedro and is home to artists and arts and cultural organizations which have become significantly central to the growth and character of the downtown community.
Originally in partnership with the former CRA/LA, now the San Pedro Chamber of Commerce and the San Pedro ACE District Advisory Committee administer the organization, planning and disbursement of remaining funding of a 5-year effort of the ACE District — to assist San Pedro-based artists and arts and cultural organizations to remain in the San Pedro Area and to implement the goals of the overall ACE District Plan:
Visit the website
- Halt the loss of artists and art galleries brought about by rising rents.
- Establish ways to make the area more business and permit-friendly to working artists, performing arts venues, art galleries, restaurants and merchants.
- Preserve downtown San Pedro's pedestrian-friendly and historic infrastructure.
- Explore affordable artist-housing options.
- Continue to build and promote San Pedro's ACE District as a recognized and respected cultural destination
Arts District San Pedro Waterfront
mission of the Arts District San Pedro Waterfront is to promote San Pedro's
authentic arts, culture and entertainment character, through Advocacy, Marketing
and Education activities. This San Pedro Chamber of Commerce Partnership
Organization is transitioning from the CRA funded San Pedro Arts Culture and
Entertainment (ACE) District to an independent non profit group
supporting the arts in San Pedro. We hope you will join us and sign up on our
Friends List to receive future information about Arts
District San Pedro Waterfront events.Sign up for the newsletter
Partnership Program documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader - Get Adobe Reader